Here we go.

16 January 2009

This Ain't No Picnic!

YESTERDAY EVENIN':
Well, it wasn't a picnic anyway. But, I'm pleased to announce that I'm back ya'll and I'm back ya'll and I'm backity back-ity back ya'll! (A little CB4 humor, modified.)

I tried going to work today, but it didn't go as planned. I think I'm not used to sitting in the upright position. 10 minutes of that and my ache starts to feel stabby and the face starts to swell. But, I went straight home, knocked back a coupla OTC pain meds and deep napped on the couch for a few hours. I was rudely awakened by the maintenance guy wanting to change the AC/H unit filter, but after the rudeness wore off, I realized that I felt much much better. I took it easy, reading my glossies, my Louis L'Amour novel & planning my next cupcake. (I miss baking!) From the couch, I took stock of things that needed to be done. 1. Put up the new shower curtain 2. Finish the kitchen up-do 3. Plan our trip to Texas , etc. I need to relieve my BF & co-workers of their taking care of me/covering me at the office duties. I need to reward them with something lovingly baked, they totally did me a solid!

TODAY:
Because I wasn't feeling well, it was hard for me to get excited about things. But, I'm real excited!

1. It's a 3-day weekend! (MLK, Jr. day on Monday. Respect.)
2. TET (Vietnamese New Year) is on Sunday! Happy New Year! Or, better yet, Chuc Num Nam Moi! My boss put in an order for 24 temple eggrolls. That's ridiculous.
3. Barack Obama Inauguration! It's really happening! Who is a happy citizen?
4. Netflix FINALLY delivered our Battlestar Galactica S.2. DVDs. I heart Starbuck & Capt. Apollo Adama.
5. IKEA/TX : This trip will probably be boring, BUT, we will be venturing into the Lone Star State. Could there be adventure? Maybe I'll invent some. Yee-haw!

I don't have too much planned this weekend. I'm gonna work on my kitchen and -----? Watch BSG. Plan things. Bake. Go to the temple. I'm so glad to be back!





4 comments:

Alannah said...

Glad you're back.

AMD & KMHD said...

You are one of my favorite people, Alannah!

Alannah said...

You just made my day. Looking very much forward to seeing y'all again. JT and I were singing your praises last night.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who can be ill AND channel some CB4 is ok in my book. Jee-yeah!

Blog Archive